One of my most favorite calming poses is Legs Up the Wall pose. It's exactly as it sounds!
1. Lie on your back with your sit bones (buttocks; more technically glutes) as close to the wall as is comfortable for you.
2. From there, extend your legs up the wall, so that the backs of your legs are resting fully and comfortably against it.
3. Separate the legs hip distance apart, if you would like.
4. Flex the feet slightly to lift up through the heels.
5. Surrender into this inversion, allowing gravity to melt you into the floor.
5 Health Benefits of this posture:
1. It reduces edema (swelling) in the legs and feet.
2. It relaxes tired leg muscles.
3. It gives you all the benefits of inversion, with minimal effort.
4. It's extremely calming for the nervous system.
5. It helps quiet the mind.
For the most benefit, I recommend practicing this pose for at least 5-10 minutes in an area where there are no distractions.
Did you try this pose? If so, I'd love to hear your experience and thoughts below.
DYOGI'S BLOG POSTS
Click on READ NOW to enter each dated post. Fill out the "Leave a Reply" required boxes to provide any comments you would like to share.
Service Mission: Teaching and learning while providing affordable and safe classes for the mind, body, and soul.